brain-donors

"We Only Love You For Your Brains"

Well I'll tell you what I think, I think I may have just found "Heaven in a Jar". That's what I think.

While doing my "net surfing" thing today I came across this incredible recipe based on a product that at one time was made by a company called Skillet Foods and was for sale across the United States. It's called "Bacon Jam". It is no secret that next to brains the only thing yours truly loves more is Bacon. Hell Bacon rates higher than sex in my book. Needless to say this is one recipe I definitely intend to try for myself. If you decide to try making it as well, please let me know how yours turned out. Also if you have any cool recipes of your own please feel free to start a discussion and share them. I love trying new things.

Bacon Jam An Original Recipe by Not Quite Nigella

500grams/1 pound smoked bacon (or use regular bacon and liquid smoke)
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium brown onion sliced
3 tablespoons brown sugar
Tabasco sauce (according to taste)
1 cup coffee
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
Black pepper to taste
extra water
1. In a non stick pan, fry the bacon in batches until lightly browned and beginning to crisp. Using a pair of scissors cut into 1 inch pieces.

2. Fry the onion and garlic in the rendered bacon fat on medium heat until translucent.

3. Transfer the bacon, onion and garlic into a heavy based cast iron pot and add the rest of the ingredients except for the water. Simmer for 2 hours adding 1/4 of a cup of water every 25-30 minutes or so and stirring.

4. When ready, cool for about 15-20 minutes and then place in a food processor. Pulse for 2-3 seconds so that you leave some texture to the “jam” or of course you could keep whizzing and make it a smoother and more paste like.

In the food processor

The finished product ready for some spready on your favorite jam delivery vehicle. Have at it!

Now you're on your own.

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that actually sound good...with a fried egg on an english muffin...or a spoon all by itself...LOL

RSS

© 2014   Created by Mister Cantankerous.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service